Monday, December 20, 2010

Artichoke Ravioli with Tomatoes


Oh boy. ohboyohboyohboyohboy.

I know tons of people that clip recipes and save them for "someday", but never end up making them. Actually, the first thing people ask me when I tell them I have thousands of recipes saved is "yeah, but do you actually make them?" and then are genuinely surprised when I say yes. Part of the reason for this blog is that I was always making something new from a recipe I found somewhere. My point to all this rambling is if this recipe looks good to you, PLEASE make it. It is so unbelievable and SO worth you breaking from your regular cooking routine.

Please.

I have adapted this recipe from Epicurious because I couldn't be bothered making my own ravioli dough. Understandable, right?!

This would probably serve 2 very generously as a main dish, but feel free to double.

Ingredients:
1 packet refrigerated wonton wrappers (mine had 30, which was just right).
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup parsley, chopped
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt, pepper
1 large egg white

Sauce:
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 medim tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup water
1 cup cream
1/2 cup parmesan
salt and pepper

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 180C.

2. Heat butter in frying pan over moderately high heat and saute onion, stirring occasionally about 6 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and saute 2 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
3. Add cheese, parsley, yolk, lemon juice, salt, pepper. You can put it in the food processor  but I didn't bother.
4. Lay out half your wonton wrappers and place a scant tablespoon mixture on each one. Brush around edges with egg white and stick the top wonton wrapper on.
5. Cook ravioli in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, about 6 minutes. Drain.

6. While ravioli is cooking, saute the chopped tomatoes with the butter and olive oil for 1 minute. Add water and cook, stirring 5 minutes until soft.

7. Place a layer of ravioli in greased baking dish and top with 1/3 cream, tomatoes and cheese. Repeat.

8. Bake uncovered until ravioli is heated through and cream is bubbling, about 15 minutes.

9. Drool.


Next time I'm thinking of making this into a lasagna, just to cut even more corners!






Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Artichoke-Ravioli-with-Tomatoes-236983#ixzz18AjUq2XZ

No comments:

Post a Comment